- Our Story & Values
- Sport Bay of Plenty Staff
- CoachForce Staff
- Our Board
- Organisational Documents
Sport Bay of Plenty's vision is to enrich lives through sport, recreation and physical activity - more people, more active, more often. To achieve this, our staff have the knowledge, experience and passion to lead the sector, and we occasionally seek the right people to join the team.
Below is a list of vacancies currently available at Sport Bay of Plenty. See the listing for details of how to apply.
Employment opportunities with Sport Bay of Plenty
Community Cycling Coordinator- Tauranga- 16 hours per week, with flexibility to work extra hours during key projects
Fixed Term to 30 June 2019
Are you passionate about cycling? Motivated to teach and support others to experience the benefits of cycling? If the answer is yes, we want to hear from you!
Sport Bay of Plenty is looking for an enthusiastic individual to provide and implement cycling initiatives in order to grow participation in cycling within the Western Bay of Plenty.
This role is responsible for facilitating 'cycle skill' workshops for adults and supporting the development and growth of cycling groups. The focus will be on cycling for both recreational and commuting purposes.
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
• A bachelor or equivalent in sport, recreation or a health related area
• Multiple years cycling experience
• The ability to work varied hours during the week to support different cycling groups
• Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends from time to time
• Experience teaching cycle skills to children or adults; preferably qualified Cycle Skills instructor with Level 3; National Certificate in Recreation and Sport
• Knowledge of health and safety legislation
• Knowledge of risk assessment and management strategies particularly related to cycling
• Experience facilitating, educating and presenting to groups
• Passion for working with local communities and workplaces to increase cycle participation
• Excellent time management
• A high level of motivation, innovation and the ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Competency with Microsoft Outlook and Word and a commitment to ensure administration processes and reporting requirements are followed
• Personal values aligned with Sport BOP’s values as listed in the job description
This appointment will be conditional upon a satisfactory police vetting check.
Applications close 5pm Sunday 26 August with interviews scheduled for Wednesday 29 August.