- Our Story & Values
- Sport Bay of Plenty Staff
- CoachForce Staff
- Our Board
- Organisational Documents
Sport Bay of Plenty's vision is to enrich lives through sport, recreation and physical activity - more people, more active, more often. To achieve this, our staff have the knowledge, experience and passion to lead the sector, and we occasionally seek the right people to join the team.
Below is a list of vacancies currently available at Sport Bay of Plenty. See the listing for details of how to apply.
Sport Bay of Plenty Employment opportunities
Recreation Connector – Eastern Bay of Plenty
Part time 0.5 FTE, 20 hours per week – successful candidate can negotiate/determine hours suitable based on community needs.
Sport Bay of Plenty is seeking an exceptional Recreation Connector for the Eastern Bay of Plenty region. Reporting to the Active Young People Team Leader, you will be responsible for working closely with recreation providers and schools to enhance the profile of recreation and active recreation opportunities in the region.
Working closely across the Eastern Bay of Plenty community the successful candidate will work closely with our stakeholder and partner network to:
• Advocate for the benefits of active recreation and influencing key stakeholders.
• Understand what active recreation opportunities exist in our communities and the capability of providers.
• Collecting insights from community members, with a particular focus on rangatahi, and especially girls.
• Understand the barriers and challenges influencing participation numbers; understanding physical literacy.
• Embrace a locally led approach with voice of rangatahi as a key consideration.
• Act as a key connector to address gaps in the system and influence change.
Part of the Regional Sports Trust network, Sport Bay of Plenty is a well-established organisation in the Bay of Plenty. This position requires a person who can build and maintain effective working relationships with the ability to lead through empowerment and collaboration.
You will need to be passionate and committed to the vision of “enriching lives through sport and recreation” and will be a dynamic influencer in the region. Strong experience of recreation at local levels along with relevant qualifications is essential and ideally you will have 5 years’ experience in project management.
The start date for the successful applicant will be negotiable.
Please email your CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Any queries regarding the position should be made to Nick Chambers, Sport Manager on 027 461 7219 or email@example.com
Any appointment will be conditional upon a satisfactory police vetting check.
Applications for this position close 5.00 pm Monday 25th January 2021, with interviews taking place on Thursday 28th January 2021.
Business Operations Lead
Tauranga based, 32-40 hours per week
Are you a multi-tasker who enjoys the challenge of a busy and diverse organisation?
Are you passionate about providing an efficient working environment to support others to excel in their work?
If the answer is yes to both these questions, we want to hear from you!
Reporting to the Communications and Operations Manager, you will be responsible for managing the day to day operations of Sport Bay of Plenty and continually looking at ways to improve processes. Sport Bay of Plenty is a not-for-profit with 52 staff based in four offices across the Bay of Plenty.
You will have
• A strong work ethic
• Proven planning and organisational skills
• Excellent understanding of IT solutions including the Office 365 environment (including Dynamics, SharePoint, TEAMs, One Note etc)
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• An innovative mind to bring new ideas to the organisation
• Exceptional customer focus
• The ability to work under pressure with a smile
Although you do not have any direct reports, you will be responsible to ensure all our staff and tenants are operating in a safe and functional environment. You will be a person who can communicate comfortably with all staff in order to build genuine trust demonstrating integrity and empathy for all.
You must also be a resilient problem solver, finding simple but effective solutions to every day challenges and with that you will also demonstrate sound logical thinking to deliver timely and smart decisions.
At Sport Bay of Plenty we take Health and Safety seriously and this role will play a key part in ensuring we provide a safe working environment.
The majority of work will be Tauranga based with oversight of the other offices’ operational requirements.
Experience working in a not-for-profit environment will be of benefit, and preference is for the successful candidate to be based in Tauranga.
Applications are to be made via SEEK and must include a cover letter. Any queries can be sent to Melanie Short - Communications and Operations Manager via firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will close on January the 31st.
Other industry opportunities
Cricket Delivery Officer - Female Cricket - Bay of Plenty Cricket Association
Bay of Plenty Cricket Association is looking for a sports programme deliverer in the Tauranga area for a seven week period in Term 1 2021 to deliver two of their most popular female cricket initiatives.
Yeah! Girls is a new initiative from New Zealand Cricket, it is 'Cricket but not as you know it'. The programme focusses on fun cricket related activities for female students at intermediate school.
The Bay of Plenty GoGirls Cricket programme is an in-school initiative which introduces cricket to primary aged females in a fun and engaging way. It gives students involved a place to experience cricket, develop their motor skills and grow their confidence. This programme has been part of the BOPCA Development Programme for over six years and continues to grow each season.
You will be responsible for delivering the GoGirls and Yeah! Girls Programmes in the Western Bay of Plenty area, and will also assist in the growth of female participation through various cricket development initiatives.
This position would be ideal for a student as a part time job and to gain some relevant work experience in the sports industry.
Requirements: (Applicants will also be police vetted)
- Ability to engage and positively interact with school children (Confident with female students), with a strong ability to manage group environments
- A passion to grow female participation through new and exciting programmes
- Formal coaching qualifications and cricket experience preferred but not a requirement. All training to be provided.
- A love for sport, play and education is a must
- Excellent communication skills to engage and grow stakeholder relationships
- A clean drivers licence
Applications close on January 25, 2021.