- Our Story & Values
- Sport Bay of Plenty Staff
- CoachForce Staff
- Our Board
- Organisational Documents
Sport Bay of Plenty's vision is to enrich lives through sport, recreation and physical activity - more people, more active, more often. To achieve this, our staff have the knowledge, experience and passion to lead the sector, and we occasionally seek the right people to join the team.
Below is a list of vacancies currently available at Sport Bay of Plenty. See the listing for details of how to apply.
Sport Bay of Plenty Employment opportunities
Fundamentals Lead- Full Time- Tauranga
Sport Bay of Plenty is looking for a Fundamentals Lead to manage and lead the delivery of the GO4it fundamental skills programme to schools across the Bay of Plenty region.
The GO4it programme was designed and developed by the community through the Kiwisport consultation in 2009/10. The GO4it programme is a games based approach to teaching both fundamental movement skills and sport based skills in a variety of primary schools across the region.
The fundamentals lead will be primarily responsible for working closely with the primary schools sector to:
- Provide advice, guidance and support to schools regarding programmes and resources to increase participation of school aged children in sport and recreation.
- Advocate for sport, physical education and physical activity within the school setting
- Ensure schools receive a highly effective service from Sport Bay of Plenty in relation to GO4it
- Ensure the GO4it programme operates according to the latest trends and developments within the sector to ensure the greatest impact
- Influence key stakeholders, senior management, principals in primary schools to prioritise and make provision for quality P.E & sporting opportunities.
- Develop a series of professional development opportunities for Eastern Bay of Plenty primary schools and support staff
This is an exciting role with a big vision. Working closely with schools, you will ensure that GO4it adds value to the school culture by providing learning opportunities that impact the school at both student and teacher level.
We are recruiting for someone who can multi-task easily and manage several moving components at once. The right person will have/be able to demonstrate the following:
- Degree in Education/Management/Sport
- Comprehensive understanding of the Primary School environment
- Understanding of school sport & Physical Education/Health curriculum
- Knowledge of current trends within participation in school sport
- Ability to prioritise tasks under pressure
- Event management knowledge
- Influencing skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Relationship management skills
- Effective facilitation skills
- Ability to manage staff across wide geographic area
Queries can be made to Nick Chambers (Sport Manager) on 027 461 7219
Applications for this position close Friday 25th October 2019 and interviews are intended to be held on Wednesday 30th October 2019 at Sport Bay of Plenty’s Tauranga Office.