- Our Story & Values
- Sport Bay of Plenty Staff
- CoachForce Staff
- Our Board
- Organisational Documents
Sport Bay of Plenty's vision is to enrich lives through sport, recreation, physical activity and play - more people, more active, more often. To achieve this, our staff have the knowledge, experience and passion to lead the sector, and we occasionally seek the right people to join the team.
Below is a list of vacancies currently available at Sport Bay of Plenty. See the listing for details of how to apply.
Sport Bay of Plenty Employment opportunities
General Manager - Business Services
This varied role as General Manager (GM) is an incredible opportunity to bring your leadership skills to an organisation making an impact in the wellbeing of communities in the Bay of Plenty. This role is based at any of the Sport Bay of Plenty offices: Tauranga, Rotorua or Whakatane – take your pick!
Reporting to the CEO, you'll be responsible for:
- Leadership: provide leadership within Sport BOP in the following areas: HR, insights and evaluation, communication and operational matters. Ensure the day to day operations and resources of Sport BOP Houses are being managed appropriately and with best practices in mind.
- Strategic planning: progress strategic goals of Sport BOP. Developing, implementing and reviewing the business services operational plans, processes and systems, and ensure contract deliverables are integrated into organisational planning.
Communication: ensure internal and external communications are consistent with planning and branding, and ensuring media and social media releases are managed appropriately.
- Finance and Reporting: setting and monitoring annual budgets, ensuring financial policies and procedures are adhered to, providing reporting to the Chief Executive and Board.
- Advocating and influencing decision makers to ensure that sport and recreation is a priority.
- Celebrating success and contributing in all aspects of sport and recreation, through events and awards.
You will absolutely be the right person for the role if these competencies ring true of you:
- Relationship Building: You enjoy building strong and long lasting relationships, built on providing great value. You have the ability to work across different groups.
- Business Acumen: You understand Business Operations, and can provide some leadership in IT and HR.
Leadership: You can bring out the best in people and empower them to reach their full potential. You lead, inspire and mentor.
- Strategic Planning and Execution: You have developed plans and delivered against company targets. You are experienced in Project Management.
- Financial Management: You can manage budget, policies and procedures as well as reporting and negotiating contracts.
- Qualifications related to Business Management, Leadership, and/or communication is preferred, but not necessary.
If this sounds like you or you would like more information, head to the James People website. You can also apply there, including your CV and cover letter with your application.
For a confidential discussion about the position, please contact Ilana at James People on 021 141 7698.
Other industry opportunities
Netball Waikato Bay of Plenty Zone - Pathways Development Lead - Fixed Term Contractor
- Building robust relationships with the Netball community to support and grow Centre capability around player ID and development.
- Collaborating with and supporting the Magic Head Coach (MHC) in the set-up of the National Netball League (NNL) program to transition players from Centre representative level through to the NNL Team and beyond.
- Work with NNZ to build and align player development systems in the WBOP zone.
We are seeking someone with experience, knowledge and understanding of player development from emerging through to High Performance level with the ability to design and implement comprehensive player development systems.
The successful applicant should have a proven track record of Netball High Performance (HP) coaching and/or HP leadership success at a national level, and a proven track record of transitioning players through a development pathway.
Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills that generate mutual respect and trust and, the ability to work with a diverse range of stakeholders by sharing relevant information and identifying and dealing with issues effectively are key skill sets.
This contract is fixed term, from August through to end of 2022. Flexibility around work hours will be considered. A review of this role will be undertaken prior to the end of the contract, with the view that this role will continue on a part time basis in 2023.
Have you got the skills and experience needed?
Keen to be part of supporting development and participation in Netball in the Waikato, Bay of Plenty?
If so, send your detailed C.V. and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Applications close at 10am Monday 4 July 2022.
Interviews for this role will be held on Friday 8 July 2022 for short listed applicants.
For a copy of the Job Description please email a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Netball Waikato Bay of Plenty Zone (NWBOP) along with Netball New Zealand (NNZ), is committed to continuing to develop the game with the introduction of programmes and initiatives that follow the Netball strategy Poipoia. The NWBOP strategy is underpinned by a robust business plan, the delivery of which is supported by a network of skilled and committed staff and Centres.
Our goal is to connect with all people, both young and old; to promote the game of netball; develop and upskill players; stage and manage events; support the courage, drive, and aspirations of young people to succeed and reach their potential, not only in playing but in all facets of the game.
There are approximately 27,000 netballers, coaches, umpires, and officials located throughout the regions of Waikato, Bay of Plenty and Gisborne. NWBOP connects and works with 25 Netball Centres and participants throughout the Zone to support and develop the delivery network for Netball to meet the needs of local communities.