- Primary & Intermediate School Support
- Secondary Schools
The Regional Sport Director’s (RSD) role is an initiative which is supported by Sport New Zealand, the New Zealand Secondary Schools Sports Council (NZSSSC), Sport Bay of Plenty and secondary schools in the BOP Region.
Sport Bay of Plenty manages the Regional Sports Director contract in the Bay of Plenty region. The responsibilities of which are split between the School Sport Team Leader (Influence and Advocacy) and the Regional Secondary School Events Director (Events).
We work with schools to:
- Provide quality sport opportunities in the secondary school context for secondary school age students.
- Improve the quality of sport and recreation provision in schools.
- Increase opportunities for students to be involved in sport and recreation.
- Promote the ethics of FairPlay.
- Facilitate programmes to upskill officials, coaches and administrators.
- Promote collaboration between schools and community sport and recreation providers.
- Facilitate inter‐school competitions and tournaments.
Terms of Involvement
2021 Terms of Involvement
All those involved in school sport (students, teachers, coaches, officials, spectators) have the right to enjoy their sport in a healthy positive environment, which values above all else, respect for fair play principles in sport.
Players, coaches and supporters are reminded that the highest levels of sportsmanship, fair play and conduct are expected in relation to opposition players, coaches and officials. This constitution is the basis of the policy and guidelines to protect the above. Please complete the below form to show you understand these Terms of Involvement. If you're looking for further information about way to encourage a positive sporting environment, then check out our Lead the Cheer resources.
* = Required Field
Meet the team
Active Young People Team Leader
021 841 856
Rangatahi Regional Schools Director
027 867 5840
Haka Educational Tours is Sport Bay of Plenty's preferred supplier and partner for overseas school sports trips. They look after trip itinerary planning, documentation, bookings and ground support, offering an unparalleled comprehensive service tailored to each school’s desired destination, goals and objectives. Get in touch with them for an obligation free quote for your next sports tour.