- Primary & Intermediate School Support
- Secondary Schools
The below PD and club opportunities are relevant to secondary school sport coordinators
BoostedSport Crowdfunding - Sport NZ
What is BoostedSport?
- A crowdfunding platform for the play, active recreation and sport sector
- Designed to support grassroots and community organisations – clubs, local
groups, schools etc.
- Managed by Sport NZ on behalf of the NZ Sports Foundation Charitable Trust
What is crowdfunding?
- Part of your larger fundraising puzzle
- Create a project and build a community of givers / supporters willing to
contribute small, medium or large amounts
- All of this is based on a trusted platform/website - in this case, BoostedSport
- Build your skillset - content creation, marketing, community building
- Your crowd is crucial, as is your energy!
Running Secondary School Sport Guide
Whether it’s on the court, on the field, in and on the water, or on our streets and backyards, sport is part of our DNA. And our time at school is often when we will shape the experiences, skills, attitudes and friends that will develop our love of sport and games and set us up for a lifetime in sport and recreation.
This guide is designed to make your role easier by pointing you to examples of good practice, case studies, templates and tools, to help you do your job.
Thanks for your commitment to developing a love of sport in our young people and for your fantastic work in putting together programmes, events and support that will ensure sport continues to be a feature of the school years of our young people, and a significant part of New Zealand’s sporting culture.
Parafed School Support
Parafed Bay of Plenty offer a wide range of support and information around inclusiveness.
- In-School inclusive sport sessions with individuals/groups of physically disabled students (note we will not exclude students with cognitive impairment as long as it doesn’t impact on the safety of the group or individual).
- Support for Sports Coordinators in planning events and activities that are inclusive.
- Support for Officials and Disabled Athletes (AWD) at school sports events.
For more information visit the website below or contact:
CBOP and EBOP - Jo Jackson - 0277 162 085, email@example.com
WBOP - John Sligo 0277 272 333, firstname.lastname@example.org
Haka Sports Tours
Haka Sports Tours is Sport Bay of Plenty's preferred supplier and partner for school sports trips. They look after trip itinerary planning, documentation, bookings and ground support, offering an unparalleled comprehensive service tailored to each school’s desired destination, goals and objectives. Get in touch with them for an obligation free quote for your next sports tour.
The purpose of CoachForce is to provide coaching workshops to up-skill coaches/teachers and parent coaches (not children!) to run more effective training sessions, gain more confidence and become better coaches by learning new skills that are appropriate for the children’s age and experience level.
We recommend that your school adopt a policy under which school sports fees are raised by $2-4 per child to cover the cost of up-skilling all coaches.