- Primary/Intermediate Schools
- Secondary Schools
The Regional Sport Director’s (RSD) role is an initiative which is supported by the Sport New Zealand, the New Zealand Secondary Schools Sports Council (NZSSSC), Sport Bay of Plenty and secondary schools in the BOP Region.
Sport Bay of Plenty manages the Regional Sports Director contract in the Bay of Plenty region. The responsibilities of which are split between the School Sport Team Leader (Influence and Advocacy) and the Regional Secondary School Events Director (Events).
We work with schools to:
- Provide quality sport opportunities in the secondary school context for secondary school age students.
- Improve the quality of sport and recreation provision in schools.
- Increase opportunities for students to be involved in sport and recreation.
- Utilise sporting role models.
- Promote the ethics of FairPlay.
- Facilitate programmes to develop mentors (officials, coaches and administrators).
- Promote collaboration between schools and community sport and recreation providers.
- Coordinate inter‐school competitions and tournaments.
Terms of Involvement
2018 Terms of Involvement
All those involved in secondary school sport (students, teachers, coaches, officials, spectators) have the right to enjoy their sport in a healthy positive environment, which values above all else, respect for fair play principles in sport.
Players, coaches and supporters are reminded that the highest levels of sportsmanship, fair play and conduct are expected in relation to opposition players, coaches and officials.This constitution is the basis of the policy and guidelines to protect the above.
* = Required Field
Meet the Secondary School Sports Team
School Sport Team Leader (interim) | Youth Team Leader
027 836 4006
Secondary School Sport Director
027 579 9589