- Lead the Cheer
- Club Assistance
- Spaces and Places Strategy
- Coach and Talent Development
- BayTrust CoachForce
- Bay of Plenty Sports Awards
- Disability Sport
Sport Bay of Plenty's Development Coach Advance programme (DCA) is a 10 month learning journey for coaches of tamariki (primary school aged children), rangatahi (intermediate and college aged youth) and local club adults.
The DCA programme will develop the skills of coaches in critical learning areas to help them become more effective in their coaching practices. These newfound skills benefit athletes and coaches. This is not an awards based programme where one passes or fails, but rather a programme that aims to develop and inspire coaches to become continuous learners for life.
Both male and female coaches are welcome.
The DCA guiding philosphy
"As coaches, we ask our athletes to change and grow (be continuous learners), so as coaches we should expect this of ourselves."
“DCA has given me huge awareness and education, philosophies and other concepts that help me with my relationships with other coaches” (Byron Vaetoe, Basketball)
Are you a Development Coach?
What will you receive through the DCA programme?
- 7 x development workshops over 10 months, using a scaffolding approach (building on one another). These workshops will be run across Western, Central and Eastern Bay of Plenty with 8 – 15 coaches from all sporting codes in each area
- Connection and collaboration opportunities with other coaches
- Resources and tools
- Opportunities to grow coaching confidence and capabilities by the inclusion of practical coaching exercises within the workshops
- A Sport Bay of Plenty DCA shirt
- A closed Facebook page for you to connect and collaborate with other coaches across the codes and BOP
- Structured opportunities for reflection after learnings
- Support and guidance by Community Coach Advisor and CoachForce staff
- Invitations to all relevant Sport Bay of Plenty workshops
- Free access to the Sport Bay of Plenty Coaching Passport so you can track all of your formal and informal learning.
- End of programme dinner with other programme coaches.
What are the programme criteria?
Participants are expected to strive to meet the following criteria prior and throughout their DCA journey:
- Have a growth mind set
- Show a commitment to learning
- Are currently coaching in the developing space
- Are endorsed by their relevant club / centre / RSO
- Are aligned with their Regional and National Sporting Organisations
- Attendance at all workshops is recommended (download the itinerary below)
- Fee of $120 paid in full upon acceptance into the DCA programme
Apply for the DCA programme
Please complete the online application form below or, alternatively, download a hardcopy of the DCA application form and mail it it.
Applications close 5pm on Friday 7th February 2020.
Your clubs, schools and Regional Sports Organisations may contribute to the fee for DCA if you approach them.
We look forward to supporting our Bay of Plenty coaches on this exciting learning journey and believe that opportunities provided will build confidence and knowledge, enabling you to grow your coaching practices.
The Sport Bay of Plenty DCA programme is proudly supported by BayTrust CoachForce
Thanks to all supporters: