- Lead the Cheer
- Club Assistance
- Spaces and Places Strategy
- Coach and Talent Development
- BayTrust CoachForce
- Bay of Plenty Sports Awards
- Disability Sport
The Sport Bay of Plenty Development Coach Advance (DCA) Programme gives development coaches, who are dedicated to continuous learning, an organised programme that will assist them on their journey to build effective and sustainable coaching practices.
Our guiding philosophy is “As coaches, we ask our athletes to change and grow (be continuous learners), so as coaches we should expect this of ourselves”.
The Sport Bay of Plenty DCA programme is not an award where one passes or fails, but it is our mission is to develop and inspire coaches to become continuous learners for life.
The key priorities of the 10 month programme are:
- OPPORTUNITIES – to create opportunities for coaches to continuously learn
- CONNECTIONS – to develop and enhance collaboration between Bay of Plenty coaches
- CAPABILITY – to grow confidence and capabilities of coaches so that they can provide effective and sustainable coaching practices
- COACH FOCUSED – to ensure that the coach is at the heart of their continuous learning journey.
We look forward to supporting our Bay of Plenty coaches on this exciting learning journey and believe that the opportunities provided will build confidence and knowledge, enabling them to grow their coaching practices.
What will we provide to meet these objectives?
- Development workshops over 10 months, using a scaffolding approach (building on one another)
- Resources and tools as and when required
- A Canterbury Sport Bay of Plenty DCA shirt
- A closed Facebook page for you to connect and collaborate with other coaches across the codes and Bay of Plenty
- Structured opportunities for reflection after learnings
- Support and guidance by Community Coach Advisor and Coach Force staff
- Invitations to all relevant Sport Bay of Plenty workshops
- Free access to the new BayTrust Coaching Passport from Sport Bay of Plenty so coaches can track their formal or informal learnings.
- End of programme dinner with programme coaches.
How do I apply for the SBOP DCA?
Applications for the 2019 programme are now closed.
Please check back in early 2020 for the next opportunity to apply.
Coaches applying for the programme must commit to the following criteria prior and throughout the journey:
- Show a commitment to learning
- Are currently coaching older children/youth in the secondary school space and/or adult athletes
- Are endorsed by their relevant Club/Centre/RSO
- Are themselves aligned to their RSO / NSO
- Have a commitment to attend 80% or more of the workshops during their 10 month journey (See Sport Bay of Plenty DCA itinerary in the application form for details).
- Payment received upon confirmation of acceptance onto programme
- Have a growth mindset.
The Sport Bay of Plenty DCA programme is proudly supported by BayTrust CoachForce
Thanks to all supporters: