- Primary/Intermediate Schools
- Secondary Schools
The role of the Primary and Intermediate Regional Sports Directors (RSD) is to manage the BOP Primary School event calendars and to support schools with maximising the potential of sport for students.
Managing the event calendar involves running sport coordinator meetings, and ensuring that sports codes and event deliverers run sport in ways that meet the terms of schools. The school support aspect can span a whole range of potential projects and initiatives.
The RSDs work with schools to:
- Provide quality sport opportunities for all primary school age students.
- Improve the quality of sport and recreation provision in schools.
- Increase opportunities for students to be involved in sport and recreation.
- Promote the ethics of FairPlay.
- Facilitate programmes to upskill officials, coaches and administrators.
- Promote collaboration between schools and community sport and recreation providers.
- Support schools with templates and guidance to enable quality events within their school district environment.
Meet the Western Bay School Sport Team
School Sport Team Leader
021 841 856
Primary School Sport Director (WBOP)
027 474 6068