- Primary/Intermediate Schools
- Secondary Schools
The primary and intermediate school environment is the first structured opportunity young people have to participate in a variety of sports.
Our vision is to nurture an equitable and inclusive environment for children to build a lifelong love of sport and physical activity through positive and meaningful experiences.
What services do we provide primary and intermediate schools?
- We coordinate, facilitate, and manage organised sport and provide schools with access to all events, while ensuring opportunities and positive experiences that will increase the participation level of all primary school students in sport.
- We provide leadership for and deliver support to all primary and intermediate schools through quality sport initiatives and programmes such as the GO4it Fundamental skills programme.
- We promote, profile and advocate for primary school sport events and programmes through positive, effective partnerships with all stakeholders
- We report to a Principals Steering Group (PSG) and school sport delegates on a termly basis.
Terms of Participation
2020 Terms of Participation
All those involved in primary/intermediate school sport (students, teachers, coaches, officials, spectators) have the right to enjoy their sport in a healthy positive environment, which values above all else, respect for fair play principles in sport.
Players, coaches and supporters are reminded that the highest levels of sportsmanship, fair play and conduct are expected in relation to opposition players, coaches and officials. This constitution is the basis of the policy and guidelines to protect the above. Please complete the below form to show you understand these Terms of Participation. If you're looking for further information about way to encourage a positive sporting environment, then check out our Lead the Cheer resources.
* = Required Field
Meet the Primary and Intermediate School Sport Team
Active Young People Team Leader
021 841 856
Tamariki Regional Schools Director
027 474 6068