Statement || School sport events suspended until 31 May
Tuesday, May 5, 2020
All school sport events facilitated by Sport Bay of Plenty have been cancelled until June.
Sport Bay of Plenty's priority continues to be the health and wellbeing of the Bay of Plenty community. A decision regarding events after the end of May will therefore be made after information about alert levels 2 and 1 are announced by the government.
The following events are affected by the latest decision.
- BOPSS Badminton Team Champs JNR (EBOP) 15th May Cancelled
- WBOP Inter-school Amazing Race 15th May Cancelled
- BOPSS / Mid Islands Cross Country 19th May Cancelled
- WBOP Rugby Rippa Rugby World Cup 20th May Cancelled
- BOPSS Badminton Team Champs JNR (CBOP) 20th May Cancelled
- BOPSS Manawahe Multisport 21st May Postponed until September 17th 2020
- BOPSS Badminton Team Champs JNR (WBOP) 22nd May Cancelled
- EBOP Rippa Mini World Cup 26th May Cancelled
- Year 7 & 8 Indoor Sports Day - mixed 26th May Cancelled
- BOPSS Squash Individual Champs – Div 3 & UG Boys and Girls 27th May Cancelled
- BOPSS Indoor Rock Climbing 29th May Cancelled
- Primary Gymnastics Competition - Year 5 & 6 29th May Cancelled
- CBOP Year 7 & 8 Basketball Invitational 29th May Cancelled
Any events listed on our What's On calendar but not mentioned above are managed and delivered externally - please contact those providers directly for further guidance.
Please contact your school directly if you have any questions.
Communication and Operations Manager
021 860 063
Share this article to: