Sports Performance Innovation Forum
Wednesday, August 7, 2019
How do you advance human potential is performance sport? This year’s Sports Performance Innovation Forum explores this concept and the convergence of food nutrition, equipment design and athletic endeavour, with distinct perspectives from leading professionals in the world of sports innovation.
Let our legendary line-up walk you through their personal and first-hand perspectives towards the physiology, psychology, food, nutrition, brand, design, and the impact of technology on the evolution of sport and performance.
Three speakers will share incredible insight spanning how to fuel the body for peak performance, the importance of design innovation within sporting equipment, and competing on the world stage and in extreme sports situations where performance is fundamental in pushing the boundaries of possibility. Our speakers include local Tauranga old boy Mark Henderson, Director of Engineering at Adidas; Rotorua boy and four time world extreme kayak champion Sam Sutton; and elite performance sport nutritionist Dane Baker. The event will be MC’d by NZME Cricket Commentator/Panelist, Peter McGlashan.
The 2019 Sports Performance Innovation Forum will be held on Thursday 5th September in Mount Maunganui at Bay Oval Pavilion Blake Park.
Date: Thursday 5th September
Time: 8:30am – 12:30pm
Venue: Bay Oval, Blake Park, Kawaka Street
Cost/ticket price: $50
Event Name: Sports Performance Innovation Forum
- Mark Henderson - Director of Engineering at Adidas (Design & Innovation)
- Sam Sutton - Four time Extreme Kayak World Champion (Athletic Performance)
- Dane Baker - Performance Dietitian; High Performance Sport NZ, Chiefs Super Rugby, Black Ferns Sevens, Black Sticks,
Rio Olympics NZ Team (Food & Nutrition)
- Peter McGlashan - Former international Cricketer and Media Broadcaster (Event MC)
* This event is not run by Sport Bay of Plenty. Please contact the event organisers if you have any questions.
Share this article to: