Results || Rip, Grip & Whip 2021
Friday, May 14, 2021
A mild morning greeted the 297 students from 16 schools to participate in the Rip, Grip & Whip event held on the 11th of May 2021 at the Waipa Mountain Bike Park.
Rain was expected on the day, however it held off until The Legend Status relay event, which the last event and students were eager to get out in the wet and relished the ride through mud in some parts of the course.
Great support from parents, grandparents, caregivers, and teachers who enjoyed the day just as much as the students.
Event Organizer Sarah Painter was very happy with the outcome said, “A two-year project in the making a dream of mine that has come true” and indicated it would be an annual event.
A huge thank you and appreciation to the following people:
- The Rotorua Lakes Council sports team, Forest Management, RECT, Toi Ohomai, Peak Safety, Progressive Print, Motion Entertainment for ensuring safe planning, equipment, and support to all schools.
- Sport BOP for all the promotional and advertising material.
- The Rotorua Principal’s Association and the Central Bay of Plenty Sports Director Liz Savage for putting faith and trust in an unknown to deliver a safe and cohesive event.
The Rotorua Mountain Bike club who allowed the event to fly under their umbrella and supported the vision from the get-go.
Special mentions also go out to other individuals who played an integral part in the event.
- Jamie and Fiona Follas, Mark and Max Stratford who spent hours setting the courses and marshalling on the day.
- Janine and Bryce helping with the finish line and results.
- Cherie and Kim for all the administration and radio contact with all marshals. Lastly, Thank you to our students. See you all next year!
Primary – Boys
1st – Mathew Wallace- Lynmore
2nd – Nathan McGregor – Lynmore
3rd – Lachlan Mead - Lynmore
Primary – Girls
1st – Georgia Davies – Lynmore
2nd – Cate Phipps – Lynmore
3rd – Keira Burborough-Murphy - Lynmore
Intermediate – Boys
1st – Cooper Angus – Mokoia
2nd – Evan McIlroy – Mokoia
3rd - Te Rito Rika – Te Kura o te Koutu
Intermediate – Girls
1st – Lyla Alton – Mokoia
2nd – Hanna Smith – Mokoia
3rd – Nicole Wallace – Mokoia
Relay – Legend Status:
Primary - Lynmore School Intermediate - Mokoia Intermediate
Easton Guyton – Reporoa Primary for showing aroha and manaakitanga throughout the event by sticking with kids when they needed support and riding with finishes to the finish line who needed motivation to keep going.
Share this article to: