Research project to help develop healthy lifestyles
Monday, November 27, 2017
The Centre for Health is running a FREE Heart Foundation-funded 12-week exercise and lifestyle management Kaupapa Maori research project in Tauranga.
Run by Dr Anna Rolleston, the project has been developed for Maori, who are older than 18 years old, and have had at least two of the following risk factors (but have not previously had a heart attack or stroke):
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Weight management issues
- Do less than 30mins exercise every day
- Current cigarette smoker
- Parent or sibling has had a heart attack or stroke.
Want to join?
- Form a roopu of 5-7 keen and committed whanau/extended whanau members.
- Make sure everyone meets the above criteria.
- Contact The Health Centre before Friday 8 December to start Jan/Feb 2018.
All assessments, individualised 12-week exercise and lifestyle management programmes, The Centre for Health’s exercise facilities and the education sessions, required as part of the research project, will be provided free of charge and encompassed in Kaupapa Maori framework.
TO FIND OUT MORE:
Contact Maraea at The Centre for Health on firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 07 578 6624 or meet the team at The Centre of Health (located inside Manawa Ora Integrated Health and Research Centre, 103 Third Ave Tauranga)
Share this article to: