Nominations Close on Wednesday
Tuesday, October 4, 2016
Nominations are now open for Secondary School and Open Categories in the 2016 Bay of Plenty Sports Awards.
The nominations are open until Wednesday 5th October at 4pm.
The nomination process gives the opportunity to nominate volunteers, coaches and athletes from throughout the Bay of Plenty region that have achieved great results in sport through the qualifying period of 1 October 2015 through to the 30 September 2016.
- BOP Principals Association Secondary School Service to Sport
- Aurecon Student Contribution to Sport
- Bay Cardiology Secondary Schools Girls Team of the Year
- Bay Office Products Depot Secondary Schools Boys Team of the Year
- Secondary School Coach of the Year
- Waiariki Bay of Plenty Polytechnic Secondary School Sportswoman of the Year
- Waiariki Bay of Plenty Polytechnic Secondary School Sportsman of the Year
- Dudfield Bryce Print Service to Sport
- Contract Mechanical Services Junior Team of the Year
- TECT Team of the Year
- Club of the Year
- BayTrust Coach of the Year
- Official of the Year
- Eves Realty Junior Sportswoman of the Year
- Vodafone Junior Sportsman of the Year
- Holland Beckett Lawyers Sportswoman of the Year
- Bayleys Real Estate Sportsman of the Year
- Farmers Auto Village International Athlete of the Year
- Sport Bay of Plenty Supreme Award
The awards will be showcasing and recognising the superb sporting talent in the Bay, celebrating the people, clubs and teams that give the Bay its sporting identity. The first Bay of Plenty Sports Awards was held in 1969.
The 2016 awards night will be held at the ASB Arena on Friday 18th November. All finalists will be recognised and winners will be applauded – leading to the Sport Bay of Plenty Supreme Award winner. Last year’s supreme winner was Lisa Carrington and previous winners include Julia Edward, Peter Burling and Sarah Walker.
If you know someone who should be considered for these prestigious awards, click here and download a nomination form or call into a Sport Bay of Plenty Office in Rotorua, Whakatane or Tauranga. Forms are also available in schools, clubs and other sporting organisations throughout the Bay of Plenty.
All open nominations must be endorsed by the appropriate governing Regional Sports Organisation or National Sports Organisation. Where there is no RSO or NSO for a particular sport, a decision should be made unanimously by the majority of the sports clubs in the BOP area and agreed to formally in writing naming all parties.
All school nominations must be endorsed by the Principal of the nominee’s school
Nominations close 4pm on Wednesday 5th October 2016.
For further information, please contact:
027 461 7219
Share this article to: