Monday, April 4, 2016
Discover one of our eight gems while having a go at the Bay-wide Virtually on Track Geo-teering challenge.
Geo-teering is a combination of treasure hunting, geo caching and orienteering. Virtually on Track have set up a geo-teering course at each of the eight gem sites around the Bay of Plenty. Geo-teering is a great activity for all ages so gather your family and give it a go or challenge your mates to see who can find all the markers the quickest.
Take part in the Bay wide Virtually on Track Geo-teering challenge by completing 3 or more different courses during Adventure Month (Friday 1st of April – Saturday 30th of April) and go into the draw to win a $200 sport voucher and other great prizes.
Trying Geo-teering has never been easier with Sport Bay of Plenty hosting ‘Have a Go’ at Geo-teering events at each of the gems on
• Papamoa Hills - Monday 18th April, 10am-2pm
• Opotiki - Tuesday 19th, 10am-2pm
• Ohiwa - Wednesday 20th April, 10am-2pm
• Kawerau - Thursday 21st April, 10am-2pm
• Waihi Beach/Orakawa - Friday 22nd April, 10am-2pm
• Whakatane - Tuesday 26th April, 10am-2pm
• McLaren Falls - Wednesday 27th April, 10am-2pm
• Tect All Terrain - Thursday 28th April, 10am-2pm
• Lake Tikitapu - Friday 29th April, 10am-2pm
All the information you need to get started can be found on the Sport Bay of Plenty website
Share this article to: