Covid 19 - Alert Level 2 service changes
Wednesday, September 8, 2021
From 11:59pm on Tuesday, 7 September all regions outside of Auckland moved to COVID Alert Level 2. In response, Sport Bay of Plenty has implemented the following changes to our services:
Transitioning to the COVID-19 Protection Framework
- All of New Zealand will transition to the new COVID-19 Protection Framework (CPF) at 11.59pm on 2 December 2021.
- The first day the CPF will be operationalised is 3 December 2021. Auckland and those parts of the country with lower vaccination rates will initially move into the new system at Red, the highest level in the CPF.
- The rest of the country will move to Orange. Cabinet will make decisions about regional settings on 29 November.
Sport Bay of Plenty staff have returned to Tauranga, Rotorua and Whakatāne offices. External visitors are able to enter the offices, but are required to scan or sign-in and follow all social distancing requirements. If you have any symptoms of illness, including cold and flu symptoms, please do not enter our offices.
You can continue to reach us by emailing email@example.com or contacting staff directly
Green Prescription/Active Families
In-person appointments are available to clients and health and safety measures , such as masks and social distancing, are in place. We are also offering phone consultations if clients prefer, and clients to join in on the chat on our private Facebook groups for further support.
Health Team Leader
021 023 79615
Keep on Your Feet
Community strength and balance classes may resume under COVID-19 Alert Level 2 where gatherings are restricted to one person per every two square metres. Your class instructor will be able to confirm if their class is resuming and, if so, advise what this means for your specific class.
Participants can expect social distancing and other Level 2 measures to be in place. Please stay home if you are sick, and contact our team if you have any questions, or visit the Live Stronger for Longer website for contact details of your local class.
Community Programmes Project Leader
021 191 6544
Keep On Your Feet Support
021 171 8831
Alert Level 2 guidelines for play, active recreation and sport
Sport NZ has been working with the government to develop updated Alert Level 2 guidelines for play, active recreation and sport. The complete guidelines can be found on their website. Below is a summary of the key points:
- Indoor sport and recreation facilities such as gyms, swimming pools, dance studios and health clubs can open, but with extra safety measures around physical distancing and sanitation (see below Additional public health measures).
- In Level 2, community sport is considered a social gathering and limited to groups of 100 people.
- Multiple groups of 100 can take part in indoor facilities and outdoor locations as long as they are contained to defined spaces. Defined spaces indoors must be divided by walls and not share airflow. Defined spaces outdoors are classified as being at least 2m apart from other defined spaces or having walls or dividers to separate groups.
- The usual public hygiene and contact tracing requirements always apply.
- Keep your distance when out and about and stay 2 metres away from others you don’t know, both indoors and outdoors.
- When playing contact sport, no physical distancing is needed as long as groups do not exceed 100.
- Mask wearing at indoor sports facilities is recommended apart from when you are exercising or playing sports. You do not need to wear a mask if exercising outdoors.
- Mandatory record keeping and QR code scanning applies to all indoor sport and recreation facilities such as recreation centres, swimming pools, gyms and sports clubrooms, as well as commercial and ticketed sport and recreation events.
Alert level information for each region
Alert level information for each region, and health advice, can be found on the COVID-19 government website.
During Alert Level 2 any scheduled Sport Bay of Plenty workshops may be cancelled, rescheduled or moved to online. The workshop facilitator will be in touch to confirm.
Share this article to: