Be Cycle Savvy || Free cycle skills courses for workplaces
Monday, March 11, 2019
Grab your workmates and register for a free cycle skills course with Sport Bay of Plenty.
- Is your workplace keen to encourage more staff to commute by bike, or cycle between work meetings?
- Have you purchased e-bikes for your workplace, but want to make sure your staff will have the skills to use them safely?
- Do you have staff that are keen to cycle, but are nervous about getting back on a bike?
To encourage more workplaces to get active, Sport Bay of Plenty is running free Be Cycle Savvy courses. A Be Cycle Savvy course is a great way to learn how to safely commute by bike, and for workplaces it's a great way to encourage staff wellbeing through physical activity.
Learn how to conduct a basic bike and helmet safety check; practice basic road handling skills and discover how to safely navigate intersections.
- Includes three practical lunch time sessions: 1 x 2 hour session and 2 x 1.5 hour sessions starting at 12:30pm
- Maximum 12 participants per course (may include a mix of workplaces)
- Course location: 406 Devonport Rd, Tauranga
- Participants must know how to ride a bike
- Participants need to bring their own bike and helmet (in good working order)
- Registration required. Please complete the below registration form.
- Every Thursday 21st March; 28 March and 4 April
- Every Friday 22nd March; 29 March and 5 April
- Thursday 9th May; 16 May and 23 May
- Friday 10th May; 17 May and 24 May
- Thursday 30th May; 6 June and 13 June
- Friday 31st May; 7 June and 14 June
- Thursday 20th June; 27 June and 4 July
- Friday 21st June; 28 June and 5 July
Cycle Savvy registration
* = Required Field
Questions? Please contact Sport Bay of Plenty's cycling coordinator Andrew Thorpe at firstname.lastname@example.org
Share this article to: