- Outdoor Activities
- Activities at Home
- Healthy Lifestyle Programmes
- Activities for Seniors
- Water Safety
Learn how to safely ride your e-bike with a free e-bike course from Sport Bay of Plenty
The electric motor in an e-bike gives you an extra boost as you pedal and makes everyday riding easier.
E-bike are often faster and heavier than regular bicycles. Whether you've just purchased an e-bike, or you'd like to brush up on your skills, our free e-Bike course will help you get used to the differences of an e-bike so you can safely and confidently ride on cycleways or in traffic.
E-bike courses cover:
- The differences between an e-bike and a regular bike
- Bike and helmet safety checks
- E-bike handling safety tips
- Ride safety tips for cycleways and navigating traffic.
The free course is open to adults with an e-bike and includes a practical component.
Each course runs for two days. Spaces are limted so registration is essential.
- Tuesday 2 March and Tuesday 9 March, 9:30 to 11am
- Wednesday 3 March and Thursday 11 March, 9:30 to 11am
- Tuesday 16 March and Tuesday 23 March, 9:30 to 11am
- Wednesday 17 March and Wednesday 24 March, 9:30 to 11am
- Tuesday 30 March and Tuesday 6 April, 9:30 to 11am
Would you like us to run a course for your group?
Contact our cycling coordinator to discuss.
021 360 480