- Tū Manawa Active Aotearoa
- BayTrust Scholarships
- Funding Information
The Tū Manawa Active Aotearoa Play Fund will open on 4 January 2021
Apply for the Tū Manawa Active Aotearoa Play Fund
The Tū Manawa Active Aotearoa Play Fund provides funding up to $60,000 for existing or new play projects and programmes that will improve the physical activity opportunities for children currently missing out.
Recommendations for potential applicants
Successful projects will aim to target children and young people that are not currently involved in any or much physical activity due to major barriers (such as cost, travel, exclusion, low confidence, etc.) and who would otherwise not be exposed to such activities without targeted efforts.
Those wanting to apply need to consider the following before applying:
- Which young people aren’t participating in existing opportunities, or is there a lack of opportunties?
- Why don’t any existing opportunities appeal, or what is stopping from from engaging in these (I.e. what specific barriers do they face)?
- What activities would children they want to participate in but don’t have access to (either demand related or because of high barriers to participation)
- Applicants need to provide evidence of a ‘participant voice’ in order to demonstrate that the young people that are missing out are genuinely interested in doing the proposed activity. In other words – applicants should make an effort to ask young people the above questions and provide this information as part of their application.
Please read the information on sportbop.co.nz/tu-manawa before submitting an application.
The below play case study may also be useful for potential applicants.
Application case studies
Applications for the Play Fund will open on 4 January 2021.
If any part of your project is to be undertaken during class time, the school will need to complete a checklist. You can upload the completed checklist when you fill-out your online application.