- Community Resilience Fund Phase 2
- Tū Manawa Active Aotearoa
- BayTrust Scholarships
- Funding Information
KiwiSport is a government funded initiative to promote sport for school-aged children. Sport Bay of Plenty coordinates a KiwiSport Regional Partnership Fund (RPF) for use in Bay of Plenty communities on behalf of Sport New Zealand. The allocation is calculated on a per-capita basis based on the number of students in each region.
- To increase the number of school-aged children participating in organised sport – during school and after school – by strengthening links with sports clubs
- To increase the availability and accessibility of sport opportunities for all school-aged children to participate in organised sport
- To support children in the development of skills that will enable them to participate effectively in organised sport.
KiwiSport applications are now closed
The Kiwisport Regional Partnership Fund has been in place since 2009 and ends on 31 December 2020. Please note the Kiwisport Direct Fund will continue to provide funding to schools as per usual, while Tū Manawa Active Aotearoa is a new fund with different criteria and an expanded focus.
Tū Manawa Active Aotearoa will support a wider range of activity opportunities than Kiwisport (now including play and active recreation), it is more clearly pointed at those who are less active or missing out, and the organisations eligible to apply have been broadened in recognition of their critical role in providing these opportunities.
Information about the Tū Manawa Active Aotearoa Fund will be available on the sport Bay of Plenty website shortly.
027 461 7219