- Primary/Intermediate Schools
- Secondary Schools
The role of the Primary and Intermediate Regional Sports Directors (RSD) is to manage the BOP Primary School events calendar and to support schools with maximising the potential of sport for students.
Managing the event calendar involves running sport coordinator meetings, and ensuring that sports codes and event deliverers run sport in ways that meet the terms of schools. The school support aspect can span a whole range of potential projects and initiatives.
The RSDs work with schools to:
- Grow the number of events available to Western Bay of Plenty schools.
- Increase the number of participations for those events for which there is room to grow.
- Increase the total number of schools participating in the events calendar.
- Find a sustainable way to ensure that the Primary Regional Sport Directors role is on-going.
- Develop event policies that provide Principals with a solid foundation from which they can plan and develop their sports calendars.
Meet the Western Bay School Sport Team
School Sport Team Leader
027 836 4006
Primary School Sport Director (WBOP)
027 474 6068
Fundamental Skills Coordinator (WBOP)
021 027 72473